Monday, July 23, 2007

What's In Your SmartPak?

In preparation of moving Brego to a new facility where someone else will feed him twice a day, I have ordered his supplements using SmartPak, a brilliant idea. His supplements come individually wrapped with his name on it in daily servings so the new barn simply needs to pop them open and pour them on his food each day. Simple. Easy. Brilliant.

So what is Brego getting these days? For our first couple months, I thought I would keep it simple. He will have access to salt blocks so I will not be adding an electrolyte. I will take additional electrolytes with me to shows or camping but he won't need them everyday. I will keep him on a joint supplement and Glanzen 3 because it provides additional fats.

In a previous post, I talked about trying to reach the magic 20% fat ratio in Brego's feed. The new barn will feed our custom blend mentioned before, and the Glanzen 3 supplement will provide additional fats.

I am excited to see how it all works out! Yay for someone else feeding Brego twice a day! And yay for SmartPaks!