Friday, April 4, 2008

New Look for a New Era

I am at the one week countdown until I fly back to Texas and collect Brego. I thought I would take the opportunity (coupled with a little spring cleaning) to freshen the look of the blog a bit. This new look is a little more masculine (for the big Brego) and of course, in his eventing colors -- Blue! The older blog was so, I don't know, teenage angst circa 2003.

If all you do is read the blog as a feed in a reader, pay no attention... you have no idea what I am talking about. There is nothing to see here.

This weekend I will post the final long-distance training photos and video. I can't wait to see all the improvements in person.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are my new hero. I am just starting the learning phase of what I hope will be a fun and fruitful eventing life with my friesian mare. She will never excel at anything but being an all around great horse and for that I give her kudos as she does try her heart out no matter what I ask her to do.

I think my friends think I am crazy. To take up eventing, with two little kids (one about to be born, to give you an idea of how little) and a green, large and not always dainty mare. However, she is the horse I have and I rather like her.

Can't wait to read more about your adventures with your boy. Very inspiring to someone who is also getting into the sport with an "off" breed.

Thanks!

Daun said...

Thanks for your kind words and welcome to the blog. I would love to see some pics of your "off" breed mare!! I bet she is stunning. Before Brego turned funny colors, I used to joke that he was my poor man's Friesian. Now he's my poor man's appaloosa.

Feel free to post back with updates on your own adventures and be safe with your little ones.