Sunday, February 1, 2009

Levitating Monster

After a walk in the snow which was, frankly, exhausting, I turned Brego out to "free longe" him which means I basically chase him with a whip and watch how he moves. I wanted to see how the he was doing, carrying all that extra weight around. Did he offer both leads? Pushing evenly at the trot? Stumbling or having trouble with the uneven ground? He did well, got some good air on the bucks, and charged over the terrain like it was nothing. I am excited to see how well he handles cross country and foxhunting later this year after practicing on snowy forest pasture.

Big Black Monster in the woods.

Coming over the ridge.

I hate the lady with the whip!!!

Magical headless horse levitates...

I am so angry.... grrr....

Wha? Look at me, I am handsome!