Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Countdown Begins...

Indian Creek Farms has published their September schooling show bill and Brego's entry went in today. So in a month's time, Brego will be making his Beginner Novice debut. It's a schooling show and not USEA-rated, so the pressure is off and it will be just one big positive experience and learning opportunity. I am so excited to see how he does on a real course.

I am also very appreciative to Indian Creek Farms for providing such a lovely facility for a schooling show so close to my home barn. Many thanks!

Anyway, I have decided to start him back into jumping slightly early in prep for the mid-September show. I will start free jumping him in a couple of weeks and then school a couple times a week over fences until the show. His fitness over a full course is of some concern since the heat has made us both super lazy. The bright note is that his dressage continues to improve every ride (now that his rider has lessened her interference with him). But the most important thing is that he competes safely and happily in accordance with his ability. I anticipate a lot of trotting through cross country and definitely simple changes through jumping.

I've got show nerves already!