Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Honest Truth

I had my trusty photographer out to film a short jumping session today. Brego did well at dressage yesterday, but due to some inherent stubbornness from both horse and rider, we worked a little longer than usual. So of course, Brego was tired and heavy for jumping today.

I set up a one stride and an oxer and worked on holding one hand out to the side to get my upper body to behave. My lower leg, however, does not come close to behaving and my position is very loose. The video does not lie.

Honestly, I am not thrilled with my riding, but I promised to post the bad with the good, so here it is. I even added slow motion so you can enjoy every jiggle and wobble. *sigh*





The only good news I can think of is I have five more weeks of jumping work before our first jumping show. The bad news is that I have one week before our dressage show and the flatwork is not exactly inspiring either. It's amazing how weak a couch potato like myself can get without riding for six weeks.

Oh and the other good news is that I am damn lucky Brego is such an honest and good boy.