Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Mending

I am definitely on the mend today. Brego and I had a semi-serious dressage session today. I asked a little more of him than yesterday, but did not physically push him. My shoulder is much improved. I am able to put my arm behind my back and carry things now. Woohoo!




Walk to Canter Transitions from Eventing Percheron on Vimeo.


I put together a small video of our walk to canter transitions. Not as relaxed or refined as I would like, but definite improvement. To the left, Brego took a big trot step, but he was more correct to the right. To get any sort of transition like this is a huge accomplishment. I remember a year ago when I thought it would never be possible for a heavy horse like Brego, so dead to the aids and with no motor, to perform a walk to canter departure. And now we're schooling them!! I am learning to never say never with Brego. He always amazes.

I am also sitting the canter better although my leg is still swinging. I heard a quote recently that sums up my feelings on dressage:

To truly master Dressage takes five horses and three lifetimes.


Truer words have never been spoken.