Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just

Ok, I admit it, I am sore as hell from my conditioning ride yesterday. Brego seems totally fine. His tendons feel nice and tight, no heat, a little sore over his loin. But I am in pain. My thighs hurt to the touch and my lower back is chanting death threats.

I, officially, am pathetic.

So to stretch both of us out, I took Brego on the trails behind my house bareback, just walking, enjoying the sun, looking for the moose sighted recently. We paused at the brook for Brego to drink and I took this picture with my phone.



Just beautiful. And I got to share it from the back of an incredible horse. Just... happy.

8 comments:

Bev said...

Wow. That is beautiful!

sylvia said...

And I am happy for you.
:)

Katie said...

Those rides and those moments are the best.

Anonymous said...

massage

mackenzie said...

That's always a great feeling- just feeling blessed and happy for what you have.

BritnieAnn said...

WOW, that must be absolutely amazing in person, its amazing just seeing the picture! Thanks for letting us live vicariously through you :)

Kate said...

Nothing like a nice trail ride to make you feel better - I love your horse's name (we're big LOTR fans, which is where I assume you got the name - we have a female German Shepherd we named Brega since all our horses had names already) and love seeing him in your pictures - he's a beauty!

Andrea said...

You inspired me to ride bareback yesterday :D