Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sponsorship for Brego!

My radio silence has been the result of some exciting news about the big Brego and our plans this year. I didn't want to spill the beans too early, but it looks like everything is pretty much final, so I can share.

Brego and I will be traveling to the US Eventing American Eventing Championships at Lamplight Equestrian Center, Illinois. No, not as competitors, but as exhibitors! We got sponsored!

We will be exhibiting as a guest of a well-known tail extender company. Yep, Brego is going to be living large with a new 6 foot long, pure black, luxurious tail.

My little "Anyone Can Event!" post caught the eye of some upper ups at USEA and they slotted us in as a feel good exhibition. I was on board, but we needed to line up a sponsorship and of course, what does every stylin' Eventing Percheron need? A tail extender. It's perfect, I say.

I am very excited for Brego to be an ambassador for the sport as well as his new beautiful tail. It really will complete our look this eventing season.


Edited To Add: Happy April 1st, everyone! This year's entry was better received than Brego's mysterious bonus testical last year. I appreciate the vote in confidence in the big guy actually being an ambassador for the sport. I truly have the best readers. I hope to get to the Championships one day, but hopefully as a competitor!!

20 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's awesome! What a fun experience that will be for you guys.

ranchette said...

How exciting! And Brego gets a fancy new tail? Can't wait to see that. Congratulations.

Alex said...

Oh my goodness- what an awsome turn of events! how exciting for you (and him!) Now how will that sweet mare of your ever live with him now?! ... i'm sure all the fame will go right to his head!

Funder said...

Please, please, please - get a mane sponsor too. That boy needs a weave or something. And weaves come in different colors; maybe you could give him a rainbow mane? He's such a Pretty Pony...

dp said...

Fantastic! That really is a feel-good story.

manymisadventures said...

How exciting! Sounds like you'll have a great time.

OnTheBit said...

Congrats! You and Brego are def. a feel good story in my book already!

MARGIE said...

omg! I am so excited for you! You will be awesome! I can't wait to see the new tail. I can't wait to see your posts about your training and preparation. Brego-he's such a gift.

natalie said...

For real or April fools....

natalie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wiola said...

Are you serious??? ;)))

Lizz Bishop said...

OMG!
Congrats! Go Brego and Dawn!!!

Andrea said...

No way that's awesome!!!! Dunno if even my extra tall extra wide warmblood trailer would accomodate such a literally huge celebrity, but there's always room if you want it! To the AECs, AWAAAAAY!

MJ Arden said...

Your "Anyone Can Event" was a terrific post. As an eventer wanna be (with a long, long way to go) it was a boost to my dreams. Congratulations! Can't wait to see photos of Brego and his new tail!

Andrea said...

HA you got me! I thought it was a wee bit far fetched, but I was willing to go with it!

manymisadventures said...

Ha. Oh well. You fooled me but I was so excited for you!

MARGIE said...

THAT WAS A GOOD ONE!!!!!!

Maybe Mae said...

It was the tail extension that made me go "Whaaa--?" Granted, I'm reading this on April 2, but I totally believed that someone at USEA would read your blog and decide to have you and Brego show up. It was the tail extension that freaked me out. I imagine tail extensions really do exist in the show world (?) but could not for the life of me imagine what was going on that 1) such a company would be handing out sponsorships and 2) that you'd be so enthusiastic about it, ha.

Thanks for the laugh!

Glenn the Geek said...

We have got to get you on one of my shows on the Horse Radio Network. I have owned a number of percherons for years and think they are the best!

Drop me an email at glenn@horseradionetwork.com and we can talk about an interview.

Glenn the Geek

ponyknit said...

HA! Great one... you got me.