Monday, April 27, 2009

Dressage Show Videos

I want to thank all my readers for their kind words and warm wishes regarding my show. It means a lot to me that there are so many people pulling for us to do well!


Brego was very strong for the first test, Training 2, and you can see a lot of tension from me just holding him together. He wanted to run back to the trailer which was behind A, so every time we turn away from the judge, I was holding him back. The second test, Training 3, was less "crisp" but he was more relaxed and workmanlike. The stretchy trot just didn't happen, but the judge said she would rather him stay in balance than throw his head down and fall forward, so she was happy with what she saw. We had a lot of trouble with halts, to the point that before I could finish my salute, the judge called out "You just blew your 9!" and laughed. We usually don't have these troubles at home, but I think because he was so forward, I was too strong with my aids, and he just weaved trying to figure out what I wanted.

Anyway, enjoy the video! I put both tests into the same video, so sit back, relax, and pretend I am Bettina Hoy! Woot!





Dressage Show - April 26, 2009 from Eventing Percheron on Vimeo.

9 comments:

manymisadventures said...

What a handsome boy! The two of you looked great.

I was very happy to hear that your show went so well. The judge sounds like she was very helpful too!

Here's to many awesome future shows :)

Kate said...

I can see why you got the scores you did - you both look great, and I love his gaits, and those square halts!

Cathryn said...

He looked great! I liked the second test, he seemed to be engaged more and moving nicely. One thing I noticed, however, is that you don't sit before the canter.. I'm not sure if it's personal preference or something, but did the Judge comment on it at all?

Beckz said...

Brego looks gorgeous as always. He really is a credit to you. I had to restart my blog, if you are intersted it's at www.horsebeckz.blogspot.com

amy said...

GREAT JOB!! miss you guys.. youll have to come to one of the show a LCS this summer :)

Andrea said...

Go Brego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He's the best! He is better than all the rest! Rah rah rah!

I missed your posts cause of Rolex, but I'm SO excited to see such a great start to the 2009 season!!!!! I can only hope we have such blue results at our first show too!

Daun said...

Thanks everyone!

Amy, we are planning to come to some LCS shows. Do you know when they are yet?

Beckz, Thanks, I appreciate your comments as always!

Cathryn,
I do sit when I ask, sometimes the transition is very quick and I only sit one stride or less. The judge did not comment and neither has my trainer, but I will ask her about it, if I need to sit longer.

Andrea, I will repeat what DiJ said regarding Rolex: YOU LUCKY SHIT!! Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

Hi Daun,
I can't see the video unless I put HD on. When I put Hd on, then I get only one frame every 6 seconds or so because my old mac is not up to the task.
I can see all your other videos, but I wanna see the show! Waaaah.

What I could see was beautiful..you are a handsome pair.

ponyknit said...

Great job, thanks for sharing video! I like Apple Knoll (appears to be where you were). You both look great!