Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ride Times Posted

We have our ride times for the first show of the season.  Wow, I am nervous, even though it is "just" a fundraising schooling dressage show.  It's been raining all week so I haven't ridden since Sunday.  It should be dry enough today to at least get out and the arena should be ready tomorrow.


I am also doing the Training 3 test which is brand new for me, the stretchy trot being particularly difficult.  However, I wanted to get the test "broken in" at a schooling show before debuting it at a big show, so I figured now was the time, unprepared or not.

Oh my, so much to do.  Clean tack, bath the winter gunk off of Brego, clean up his mane, prep the trailer, fill the water tanks, learn my tests (ack!).

At 10:50 am on Sunday, I will be turning up the centerline for the first time in the '09 season.  It's here. 

8 comments:

sylvia said...

good luck! you and the big handsome man will do GREAT!!!

Kate said...

Very best of luck! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Carole said...

Good luck!

manymisadventures said...

Good luck, hope you have an awesome ride!

Susan Quinn said...

Best of luck!
We'll all be pulling for you and eager to hear how it went.

Alex said...

bring the sunscreen...its gonna be a scorcher! Go Brego Go!!

Maybe Mae said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so excited! I always loved reading about your competitions. Can't wait for a full report. Good luck!!

Sarah said...

Best of luck to you two!